Call for Service Offers in Support of Exploitation & Up-take of ‘Factories of the Future’ Project Results
Within the FoF-Impact coordination action a small subcontracting budget (up to €10,000) has been allocated to the financing of services to projects or project participants. These services would help the project or project participants in increasing the potential of exploitation of project results.
Two requests for services have been identified and an anonymous description of the services can be found below (i.e. Service Request 1 and Service Request 2).
Service Request 1
Scope of the requested services: Furniture customisation by means of design tools enabling designers and customers respectively to easily parameterize furniture (designers), thus configure them by means of a configuration tool dedicate to non-expert users (customers).
Further development and exploitation of a “design to manufacturing platform” relying on cloud applications, networking three level of users:
(i) Designers, by offering basic design tools enabling to generate parametric furniture;
(ii) Customers, offering a customizable/personalizable furniture marketplace enabling the selection and simple configuration of products;
(iii) Manufacturers, replenishing low production levels by locally manufacturing customers’ configured products.
- An analysis of competing “design to manufacturing platforms”.
- Market positioning of the platform. Identification of target markets and market volumes.
- Generation of a detailed business plan, including detailed estimation of costs and revenue.
- Generation of a coherent exploitation strategy/business plan, including detailed estimation of costs and revenue.
- Identification of required future investments.
Service Request 2
Scope of the requested services: Technology: Innovative algorithms and methods to predict and optimize the energy consumption in manufacturing
- The organisation requesting the service is envisaging to start a spinoff that would own and exploit the algorithm developed by the project.
- Another party would be the owner of the associated software tool and would commercialise the software tool.
- The organisation requesting the services would like to identify the best option to be compensated (for instance through a license agreement) for the use of the algorithm by the third party that commercialises the software tool the associated services.
- The organisation requesting the services wishes to explore the option of patenting the algorithm if this is in accordance with the most suitable business model, which needs to be identified as well.